News & Events
Speakers announced for 7th annual International Conference on Ageing and Spirituality
Concordia University Chicago will bring together international researchers and scholars with expertise in aging, religion and spirituality, as well as practitioners, policy-makers, clergy, laypeople and care partners to explore how aging presents us with opportunities to navigate transitions over the life course. The International Conference on Ageing and Spirituality (ICAS) will take place June 4-7, 2017. Registration opens Dec. 1 at www.7thinternationalconference.org.
The conference theme is "Transition and Transcendence: Transforming Aging Through Spirituality.” Dr. Lydia Manning, associate professor of gerontology at Concordia-Chicago, stated, “This conference will include voices from many parts of the world, voices from the domains of the academic and the aging services, voices from various faith traditions and voices representing the ‘spiritual, but not religious.’ We welcome diverse representations and invite all to participate and attend.”
Plenary speakers will include:
- Rabbi Richard F. Address, founder and director of Jewish Sacred Aging
- Rev. John Buchanan, retired pastor of Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago, IL and former editor and publisher of the Century
- Dr. Rebecca Giselbrecht of University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Rev. Nancy Gordon, who serves as Director of the California Lutheran Homes Center for Spirituality and Aging
- Rev. Dr. Eileen Lindner, previously Deputy General Secretary of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A.
- Dr. Margaret Moss of University at Buffalo, School of Nursing
- Dr. Bruce Stevens of Charles Sturt University in Canberra, Australia
All attendees must register online at www.7thinternationalconference.org. The website also contains event information, speaker bios, conference schedule workshop topics and more.
For additional information please contact Dr. Lydia Manning at email@example.com or 708-209-3218.