Andrew Steinmann, PhD
College of Arts and Sciences
Distinguished Professor of Theology and Hebrew
- PhD, Near Eastern Studies, University of Michigan; Ann Arbor, Mich.
- MDiv, Concordia Theological Seminary; Ft. Wayne, Ind.
- BSChE, chemical engineering, University of Cincinnati; Cincinnati, Ohio.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Prepare the Way of the Lord: An Introduction to the Old Testament (co-authored with R. Reed Lessing), 2013 (forthcoming)
- From Abraham to Paul: A Biblical Chronology, 2011.
- Ezra and Nehemiah, Concordia Commentary, 2010
- Proverbs, Concordia Commentary, 2010.
- Intermediate Biblical Hebrew: A Reference Grammar with Charts and Exercises, 2010.
- Daniel, Concordia Commentary, 2008.
- Fundamental Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic Workbook, 2006.
- Biblical Aramaic, 2006.
- Called to be God’s People: An Introduction to the Old Testament, 2006.
- Fundamental Biblical Aramaic, 2004.
- Is God Listening? 2004.
- The Oracles of God, 1999.
- Member of the Translation Oversight Committee of the Holman Christian Standard Bible (2011-present)
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Catholic Biblical Association of America
- National Association of Professors of Hebrew
Dr. Steinmann has been commissioned to write commentaries on 1 and 2 Samuel in the Concordia Commentary series. These will be the fourth and fifth volumes in the series that he has authored.