Andrew Steinmann, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor of Theology and Hebrew
College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Steinmann teaches Hebrew I and II, Hebrew Readings, Readings in Hebrew, Introduction to the Old Testament, History of Israel, Wisdom Writings, The Pentateuch and The Psalms. His research interests are Hebrew, Aramaic languages, apocalyptic literature, wisdom literature and biblical chronology.
- Ph.D., Near Eastern Studies - University of Michigan; Ann Arbor, MI
- M.Div. - Concordia Theological Seminary; Ft. Wayne, IN
- BSChE, Chemical Engineering - University of Cincinnati; Cincinnati, OH
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Greek Verb Parsing. 2016. App for Apple and Android Devices. (With Dr. Victor Govindiswamy, Nicholas Farley, and Carl Camp)
- Hebrew Verb Parsing. 2017. App for Apple and Android Devices. (With Dr. Victor Govindiswamy, Nicholas Farley, and Carl Camp)
- Aramaic Verb Parsing. 2017. App for Apple and Android Devices. (With Dr. Victor Govindiswamy, Nicholas Farley, and Carl Camp)
- 2 Samuel, Concordia Commentary, 2017.
- 1 Samuel, Concordia Commentary, 2016.
- Prepare the Way of the Lord: An Introduction to the Old Testament (co-authored with R. Reed Lessing), 2014.
- From Abraham to Paul: A Biblical Chronology, 2011.
- Ezra and Nehemiah, Concordia Commentary, 2010.
- Proverbs, Concordia Commentary, 2010.
- Intermediate Biblical Hebrew: A Reference Grammar with Charts and Exercises, 2010.
- Daniel, Concordia Commentary, 2008.
- Fundamental Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic Workbook, 2006.
- Biblical Aramaic, 2006.
- Called to be God’s People: An Introduction to the Old Testament, 2006.
- Fundamental Biblical Aramaic, 2004.
- Is God Listening? 2004.
- The Oracles of God, 1999.
To access a complete list of Dr. Steinmann's books and articles please visit his website.
- Member of the Translation Oversight Committee of the Holman Christian Standard Bible (2011-present)
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Catholic Biblical Association of America
- National Association of Professors of Hebrew
Dr. Steinmann is a member of the Translation Oversight Committee for the Christian Standard Bible (Lifeway Publishers). He is currently working on a commentary on Genesis for the Tyndale Old Testament Commentary Series.