Damian Williams, PhD
Assistant Professor of Sociology
College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Williams teaches Introduction to Sociology and Race and Ethnic Relations courses at Concordia University Chicago. His research interests include poverty studies, social theory, urban sociology, qualitative methodology, and work and occupations. Dr. Williams has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 2010.
- PhD, Sociology, Vanderbilt University; Nashville, Tenn.
- MA, Sociology, Vanderbilt University; Nashville, Tenn.
- BA, Sociology, University of North Carolina at Asheville; Asheville, N.C.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- “Grounding the Regime of Precarious Employment: Homeless Day Laborers’ Negotiation of the Job Queue,” Work and Occupations: An International Sociological Journal, 2009.
- “Selling Sex to Radio Program Directors: A Content Analysis of Radio Records Magazine,” Sex Roles: A Journal of Research, 2006.