Steven Wente, DMus
Distinguished Professor of MusicChair, Music Department
College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Wente teaches applied organ, music history and church music. In addition, he serves as department chair and coordinator for the graduate music programs. Among his research interests are organ music from the baroque period and the role of music in the liturgy.
- DMus, organ performance, Northwestern University; Evanston, Ill.
- MCM, church music, Concordia University Chicago; River Forest, Ill.
- BA, education, Concordia University Chicago; River Forest, Ill.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Service organist, ALCM biennial conference, 2009.
- Workshop on organ music of Felix Mendelssohn and recital, St. John’s, Monnett, Mo., 2009.
- "Pipe Organ Encounters,” American Guild of Organists, 2009.
- Service organist, Institute of Liturgical Studies, 2008.
- Dedication recitals, St. John Lutheran, Sycamore, Ill., 2007.
- Dedication recitals, Redeemer Lutheran, Peoria, Ill., 2006.
- Service organist, Institute on Liturgy, Preaching and Church Music, 2005.
- “Pipe Organ Encounters,” American Guild of Organists, 2004.
- Service organist, Institute on Liturgy, Preaching and Church Music, 2002.