Craig Sale, MMus
Director of Preparatory and Community Piano ProgramDirector of Music Programs
College of Arts and Sciences
Craig Sale, NCTM, has served as director of the Preparatory and Community Piano Program since its inception in 1986, and teaches university courses in piano pedagogy. He is an Associate Editor for Clavier Companion-The Piano Magazine and serves on the Board of Trustees for The Frances Clark Center for Keyboard Pedagogy. He has presented workshops for piano teachers throughout the US.
He holds a B. Mus. degree summa cum laude from Northwestern University where he studied piano with Donald Isaak, a M. Mus. degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where he studied piano with Ian Hobson and pedagogy with James Lyke, and a Professional Teaching Certificate from The New School for Music Study in Kingston, NJ where he studied piano pedagogy with Frances Clark and Louise Goss.
Since 2009, Mr. Sale has taught Passport to Music classes, recreational music making classes for adult beginners, for Yamaha on Crystal Cruises while traveling the Mediterranean, Baltic and Pacific.
- MMus, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Champaign, Ill.
- BMus, Northwestern University; Chicago
Academic and Professional Highlights
- The Success Factor in Piano Teaching, editor
- The Music Tree 3: Activities, co-author
- The Music Tree 4: Activities, co-author
- Music Teachers National Association
- Illinois State Music Teachers Association
- Chicago Area Music Teachers Association