Richard Richter, MA
Assistant Professor of Instructional Design and Technology
Director of Instructional Design and Technology
Professor Richter teaches students in the areas of darkroom photography, visual literacy in the classroom, and integrating technology in the classroom. Among his research interests are visual literacy, innovation in education, personalized learning and online instruction He is currently working on his doctorate in education at Northern Illinois University.
Before serving Concordia-Chicago, Professor Richter worked as the executive producer of Concordia University Education Network (CUENet) in Bend, Oregon. He has been a member of Concordia-Chicago’s faculty since 1972.
- EdD (ABD), Postgraduate work in Instructional Technology - Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- MAEd., Education - Concordia College, River Forest, IL
- BA, Education - Concordia Teachers College, River Forest, IL
Academic and Professional Highlights
Hambrock, H.B, Lilly.C, Richter, R.G, Wozniak, K. “An investigation in best practices for adaptive learning.” E-learning Conference, Washington DC, November 2016.
Tawfik, A. A., Reiseck, C., & Richter, R. (2013). Project Management Methods for the Implementation of an Online Faculty Development Course. In A. D. Benson, J. L. Moore, & S. Williams van Rooij (Eds.), Cases on Educational Technology Planning, Design and Implementation: A Project Management Perspective. IGI Global.
- Cressman, J., Richter, R. Sims, P., Schuth, S., & Sukowski, M. (2011).
Come and get fed: A café experience of professional development for faculty and Concordia University Chicago. NCPEA, Education Leadership Review: Portland Conference Special Edition, 12(3), 1-7.
Richter, R. G. (2010). Why is the question, “What is the role of technology in faith formation?” important? Issues in Christian Education, 44(1), 8-13.
- Visual Literacy
- Instructional Design
- Mobile Learning
- Director of Media Production, Concordia Teachers College, River Forest, IL
- Assistant Professor, Communications/Theatre, Concordia University, River Forest, IL
- Instructional Designer, Executive Producer, Concordia University Education Network, Bend, OR
- Manager of Instructional Technology, Concordia University Chicago