Craig Schilling, PhD
Associate Professor of Leadership
College of Graduate and Innovative Programs
Dr. Schilling teaches graduate level classes focusing on school finance, human resources, school law and the principles of school business management. Among his areas of expertise are school finance, law and human resources. Prior to joining Concordia, he served in various different administrative positions for local school districts and as an educational consultant for various public schools and private businesses. Dr. Schilling has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 2009.
- EdD, Educational Administration. Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Ill.
- CAS, School Business Management. Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Ill.
- MS, Human Services. Boston University, Boston, Mass.
- BA, Sociology and Psychology. University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- “Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting Program Update.” School Business Affairs, 1998.
- Book Review of “School Districts Policies and Procedures.” School Business Affairs, 1995.
- “Evaluating Insurance Poll Options.” Illinois School Board Journal, September/October, 13-15, 1993.
- “New Energy Express Account System.” UPDATE, May/June, 1991.
- “The Burger Court’s Impact on Community Relations and Personnel Issues.” The Journal of School Business Management, 1(2), 35-42, July, 1989.
- “A Comparative Study of the Relative Financial Status of Selected Funds in Selected Northern Illinois School Districts.” (with Schilling, P.M.), 1997.
- “Feasibility Study: Proposed Detachment/Attachment Unit.” School Districts U-46 and St. Charles No. 303, September 1999.
- “Feasibility Study: Proposed Detachment/Attachment Unit.” School Districts U-46 and St. Charles No. 303, September 1992.
Awards & Honors
- ASBO International Pinnacle Award of Achievement, 2005.
- Illinois ASBO Lighthouse Award, 2005.
- Excellence in Educational Leadership Award, University Council for Educational Administration, 2002.
- 2002 Award of Merit
- International Eagle Service Award for Professional Service, Potawatomi District, Boy Scouts of America ASBO, 1999.
- Certificate of Appreciation, White House Communications Agency, President William Jefferson Clinton, 1997.
- Who’s Who Among Outstanding Americans, 1994-1996.
- ASBO International Eagle Outstanding School Business Administrator, 1995.
- Top Ten Teaching Award, Northern Illinois University, 1994.
- South Suburban Association of Educational Office Personnel Administrator of the Year, 1992.
- Kappa Delta Pi, 1984.
- Summa Cum Laude, University of Maryland, 1976.
- Solider of the Year, US Communications Command Europe, 1976.
- Eagle Scout, 1963.