Carol Reiseck, EdD
Assistant Dean, Learning Technology and InnovationProfessor of Leadership
College of Graduate and Innovative Programs
Dr. Reiseck teaches graduate level courses, including Adult Learning Theory, Professional Development and Organizational Learning Theory, and is chair of the Division of Innovation and Outreach. She is an expert on adult learning and organization theory. Before joining Concordia’s faculty, she served at the University of Illinois, North Central College and Waubonsee Community College. Dr. Reiseck has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 2004.
- EdD, Education. Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Ill.
- MBA, Business Administration. Benedictine University, Lisle, Ill.
- BA, Economics, Business and Secondary Education. Aurora University, Aurora, Ill.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- “Teachers as Learners.” Illinois Council on Continuing Higher Education Regional Conference, Chicago, February 2011.
- “Creating a Climate of Innovation: Addressing Barriers to Change.” Sloan International Conference, Orlando, Fla., November 2010.
- “Program Development (Educational Technology Masters degree).” (with M. Trybus), Concordia University Board of Regents, 2010.
- “Online and Blended Education.” Concordia Adjunct Faculty Exchange (CAFÉ), August 2009.
- “Training Faculty to Teach Online: A Certification Approach.” Educause Midwest Regional Conference, March 2009.
- “Training vs. Faculty Development: Where is the Line Drawn?” SLATE Midwest Blackboard Users Group Presentation, November 2008.
- “The Adult Learner.” Concordia Adjunct Faculty Exchange (CAFÉ), August 2008.
- “Location, Location, Location: A Model for the Strategic Development of Off-Campus Centers.” Adult Learner Conference, 1998.
- “Improving Knowledge Production: A Model for Evaluating Off-Campus Library Services.” Thresholds in Education, May-August, 1994.
- “Location, Location, Location: A Model for the Strategic Development of Off-Campus Centers.” In Proceedings of the 1998 Adult Learner Conference.
Awards & Honors
- Illinois Board of Higher Education, Faculty Advisor Committee, 2007-2009.
- President, Illinois Council on Continuing Higher Education, 2008.
- Illinois Council on Continuing Higher Education, Competitive Research Grant Award, 2010.