Pamela Zimmermann, EdD
Associate Professor of EducationMAT Coordinator, ED TPA Coordinator Faculty Growth and Development Committee
College of Education
Dr. Zimmermann teaches ED TPA seminars and Classroom Management and Assessment courses at Concordia University Chicago. Among her areas of research are curriculum design, teacher evaluation, common core and effective assessment practice. Dr. Zimmermann also advises the Phi Delta Kappa student chapter at Concordia-Chicago.
Previously, Dr. Zimmermann served as an associate superintendent at Glenbard High School District, an associate principal at Adlai E. Stevenson High School, as well as taught at Hinsdale Central High School. Among higher education institutions, she has served as an adjunct professor at Northern Illinois University and at Lewis University. She joined Concordia’s faculty in 2008 and serves on the Faculty Growth and Development Committee.
- EdD, Curriculum and Instruction, Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, Ill.
- CAS, Superintendency, Lewis University; Romeoville, Ill.
- MA, Guidance and Counseling, Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, Ill.
- MS, Administration, Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, Ill.
- BS, Secondary Teaching of Social Science, University of Illinois; Champaign-Urbana, Ill.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Significant Achiever Award, Glenbard District 87, 2008
- Those Who Excel, Illinois State Board of Education–Award of Excellence in School Administration, 1996
Research and Expertise
- Curriculum Design
- Teacher Evaluation
- Common Core
- Effective Assessment practice
Prior Professional and Academic Positions
- Associate Superintendent, Glenbard High School District
- High School Principal, Glenbard West High School
- Associate Principal/Curriculum Director, Adlai E. Stevenson High School
- High School Teacher, Hinsdale Central High School