Kevin Borchers, MS
Assistant Professor of Christian EducationAssistant Director of the Director of Christian Education (DCE) Program
College of Education
Professor Borchers teaches Christian education courses to students pursuing careers as professional church workers. He focuses on equipping and training lifespan educational leaders for service in the church.
Among the courses he teaches are Parish Education Perspectives, Parish Teaching I & II, DCE Seminar I, Administration of Parish Education, DCE Practicum II and Youth Ministry Theory & Practice. He also advises the DCE Student Leadership Council.
Professor Borchers' research interests include: design, implementation, and administration of Christian education programs for the local church, experiential learning and servant leadership, organizational leadership and strategic planning. Professor Borchers has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 2008. Pior to his role at CUC, he served as a parish DCE for 27 years.
- MS, Concordia University Nebraska; Seward, Neb.
- BA, Concordia University Chicago; River Forest, Ill.
Prior Professional and Academic Positions
Served as a parish DCE for 27 years
- Borchers, K. L., Schultz, G. G., & Stengl, R. (2011). Ministry in the emerging culture. In D. R. Hansen & B. A. Mai (Eds.), Together: Preparing Christian educators for the future (pp. 221-229). Portland, OR: Concordia University.
- Borchers, K. (2011). In J. Laabs (Chair). Ministry in the emerging culture. Lutheran education association convocation, Cincinnati, OH.
- Borchers, K. L. (2010). Adjusting our sights. Lutheran Education Journal, 143(4), Retrieved from http://lej.cuchicago.edu/columns/dce-expressions…adjusting-our-sights/ Borchers, K. L. (2009).
- Book review: Confirmation basices. Lutheran Education Journal, 143(1), 43-46.