Brian Gilligan, MBA
College of Business
College of Graduate and Innovative Programs
Adjunct Professor of Business
Professor Gilligan teaches corporate financial accounting and analysis, board governance, fund development and management courses through the College of Business at Concordia University Chicago. Accounting, management, human resources and board governance are among his areas of expertise.
Professor Gilligan is currently a full-time Instructor at Morton College in Cicero. He teaches courses in business and accounting and also serves as the chairperson of the College’s Department of Business Technologies. He also serves as an adjunct instructor at DeVry University in Chicago.
From 2000 to 2010, Professor Gilligan was the executive director of the O’Hare Noise Compatibility Commission (ONCC). Among other duties, Professor Gilligan participated in all Commission and Standing Committee meetings, maintained finances, coordinated press contacts and managed all communications and correspondence between the ONCC and O’Hare area communities
Prior to joining the ONCC, Mr. Gilligan served in senior association management positions at the American Bar Association and the National Automatic Merchandising Association in Chicago. Professor Giligan is a commander in the United States Navy Reserve. He is an elected trustee with the Mount Prospect Public Library.
- DBA, Argosy University; Schaumburg, Ill.
- MAFM, Accounting and Financial Management, DeVry University; Chicago.
- MS, Human Resources and Industrial Relations; Loyola University; Chicago.
- MBA, DePaul University; Chicago.
- BA, Government and Politics, Manhattan College; Riverdale, N.Y.
Academic and Professional Highlights
Awards and Honors:
- Joint Service Commendation Medal
- Joint Service Achievement Medals
- Global War on Terrorism Medal
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Licensed Notary
- Certified Association Executive
- Vice-President and Board Member, Mount Prospect Library Board (April 2011-Present)
- Certified Association Executive (CAE), American Society of Association Executives
- Certified Meetings Professional (CMP), and Member, Meetings Professional International
- Secretary and Board Member, Hunt Club on the Lake Phase I Condominium Association
- Member, Association Society of Association Executives
- Member, Teachers of Accounting at Two-Year Colleges (TATYC)
- Member, National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- Member, Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Member, National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
- Member, Society of Human Resources Professionals
- Member, Professional Advisory Board, International Career Institute
- Representative for Community Consolidated School District 59, OHare Noise Compatibility Commission
- Volunteer, Pillars of Honor
- Volunteer, Warrior to Warrior
- Associate Member, St. Vincent de Paul Society, St. Zacharys Church