All new students freshmen and transfers are required to attend Jump Start, CUC's orientation program. The program helps you and your family become better acquainted with unique aspects of the university and provides you with an opportunity to meet your future classmates.
- Transfer students - learn more about your specialized Jump Start program!
- Parents are also welcome to attend to learn more about the transition to Concordia University Chicago.
Submit your enrollment deposit to register for Jump Start!
Before you can register for a Jump Start, you need to make your enrollment deposit. Simply log into Concordia Connect to complete this process. After submitting the enrollment deposit, you'll be able to sign up for Jump Start immediately by clicking the "Jump Start" tab in Concordia Connect!
2015 Summer Jump Start Dates:
|June 12-13, 2015||Friday, June 5, 2015||Freshman|
|June 18-19, 2015||Thursday, June 11, 2015||Freshman|
|June 23-24, 2015||Tuesday, June 16, 2015||Freshman|
|July 10-11, 2015||Thursday, July 2, 2015||Freshman|
|July 15, 2015||Wednesday, July 8, 2015||Transfer|
|July 20, 2015||Monday, July 13, 2015||Freshman - Commuter|
|July 27-28, 2015||Monday, July 20, 2015||Freshman|
|August 7, 2015||Friday, July 31, 2015||Transfer|
|August 11, 2015||Tuesday, August 4, 2015||Freshman - Commuter|
|August 19, 2015||Wednesday, August 12, 2015||Transfer and Freshman|
Jump Start for STUDENTS features:
- Meet individually with an academic advisor to register for classes
- Meet individually with Financial Aid and Business Services staff
- Learn about spiritual life opportunities on and off campus
- Have an overview of academic life
- Participate in a Concordia Connect tutorial – an online program that provides you with information about your course schedule and fees.
- Be introduced to academic expectations
- Learn about opportunities for involvement inside and outside the classroom
- See how CUC works to fulfill our mission to equip "men and women to service and lead with integrity, creativity, competence, and compassion in a diverse, interconnected, and increasingly urbanized church and world."
The Concordia Fair
- Learn about:
- Housing options and meal plans
- Service learning
- On campus jobs
- Vehicle registration
- Get your photo taken for your CUC ID
- Join in activities to get to know your new classmates
- Experience a trip to downtown Chicago
- Enjoy a reception with faculty and staff