Let the Books Tell the Story: J.S. Bach’s Bible and Reformation Treasures
CUC Campus - Ferguson Gallery
Map and Directions
This unprecedented opportunity to view Johann Sebastian Bach’s personal Bible (1733) along with a number of authentic 16th century documents will chart the Reformation’s impact through a remarkable presentation of rare books, including:
- An original leaf from the Guttenberg Bible
- Erasmus' New Testament
- The 1531 Augsburg Confession (first-edition)
- 1580 Dresden Edition of the Book of Concord
- The Geneva Bible
These treasured items will be on occasional display for educational and scholarship activities during October of 2017.
Learn more about the Bach Bible!
Exhibit Opening and Reception
- October 8 - Join us for a first look at this groundbreaking display of historical documents related to the Reformation.
Public Viewing Dates
- October 28
- October 30
- Additional dates to come
Presented in collaboration with:
- The Newberry Library
- Wheaton College
- The Archdiocese of Chicago
- Concordia Theological Seminary - Ft. Wayne
- Concordia Seminary - St. Louis