500th Anniversary of the Reformation
Join Concordia University Chicago in a Celebration of the 500th Anniversary
of the Lutheran Reformation
“Enduring Faith, Abiding Grace, Abounding Love”
Concordia-Chicago is excited to mark this anniversary with a series of engaging events throughout 2016 and 2017. These events will explore the Reformation and its impact on theology, education, art, history, vocation, the Church, culture, society and the future of global Christianity.
- Germany & The Reformation: Luther and Bach - Tour of Germany hosted by CUC’s President Rev. Dr. Daniel L. Gard
October 5-18, 2016
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Observance - Rev. Dr. John Nunes presents
“From Martin to Martin to You”
January 16, 2017
- Reformation 500 Symposium
March 20, 2017
- Martin Luther: The Idea That Changed the World - Movie Screening
April 18, 2017
- Johann Sebastian Bach's Clavierübung, Part III Performances
March - October, 2017
- Let the Books Tell the Story: J.S. Bach’s Bible and Reformation Treasures
- Reformation 500 Celebration Day - A family event for the Northern Illinois District and area congregations.
October 28, 2017
- The Reformation at 500: An Interdenominational Conversation - Key leaders of major church bodies discuss points of divergence and convergence among the three historic branches emerging from the Reformation controversies
October 30, 2017
Keep coming back to this page as we continue to develop a full calendar of events and other Reformation resources pages.
Join with us in marking the seminal event of our Church and one of the most important movements in human history.
Reformation 500: A Historic Overview - Rev. Dr. Jeff Leininger provides historical context to the Reformation's effect on modern day religion, politics, society and culture.
Reformation 500: Concordia-Chicago Events - Rev. Dr. Jeff Leininger discusses the university's exciting event series celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation