Oak Park and River Forest
Concordia University Chicago is located in the beautiful, tree-lined suburb of River Forest, a town that about 11,500 people call home. Just walk a few blocks to reach shops, restaurants, coffee shops and movie theaters.
Six blocks from campus is downtown Oak Park, where you can:
- Grab a cup of coffee at Red Hen Bakery, Starbucks, or Prairie Bread Kitchen
- Shop the small unique boutiques
- Take a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Home and Studio and/or Ernest Hemingway's boyhood home
- Check out The Book Table or The Magic Tree Book Store for a good book
- Sample food from around the world - Greek, Italian, Thai, American, Mexican, French, Chinese, Indian, Middle Eastern
Easy access to Chicago is found in Oak Park via the Green Line "L" or Metra train. Explore all that Chicago has to offer by visiting our Chicago Area page.
View our interactive Google map to see how close accommodations, restaurants, shopping and museums are to Concordia University Chicago!