Admission & Financial Aid
We encourage students to apply for outside scholarships (not awarded by Concordia University Chicago, but applied to your tuition). There are numerous scholarships available through religious, civic, and corporate organizations.
Many scholarships-- but not all--are based on financial need. They may also be awarded to students who meet other specific eligibility requirements, such as pursuing a particular major or demonstrating a specific interest, talent or hobby.
Explore scholarship opportunities with your local Chamber of Commerce, local fraternal organizations, and places of employment. Local donors often prefer to help students from their own communities.
You can also complete an online profile with a reputable scholarship search engine. It might help to create a designated email address just for this process, so you can safely turn off the spam filter. Search engines usually send automated responses, which could be filtered out as spam if sent to your main email address.
Please click on the links below to view our recommended scholarship search sites.
- College Board
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Hispanic College Fund
- School Soup Scholarship Search
- U.S Bank Internet Scholarship Program
- Gateways to Opportunity Scholarship Must have junior standing and renew every semester
- Autodesk Scholarships and Competitions
- The Company Corporation Quarterly Business Plan Contest
- Gates Millennium Scholars
- CollegeXpress Scholarships
- UNCF Scholarships
- Online Master's Program Scholarships
- National Association of Pastoral Musicians Scholarships
- Chegg.com Scholarships
- I Heart My School Scholarship Application due: 10/31/15
- Create Real Impact Scholarship Application due: 11/5/15
- Good360's Sustainability Scholarship Application due: 11/30/15
- Steinger, Iscoe & Greene Law Scholarship Application due: 11/30/15
- The Steven Sweat Annual College Scholarship Application due: 12/1/15
- Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships Application due: 12/5/15
- 2015 Clark Scholarship Application due: 12/15/15
- How Has Cloud Computing Changed Business Scholarship Application due: 12/17/15
- ACLS Medical Training Scholarship Application due: 12/31/15
- InfoParrot Scholarship Application due: 12/31/15
- GoodCall's Best Decision Scholarship Application due: 12/31/15
- The GMR Web Team Scholarship Application due: 1/3/16
- 10 Words or Less Scholarship Application due: 1/29/16
- Zeiger Firm Scholarship Application due: 2/2/16
- Michigan Injury Lawyers Scholarship Application due: 4/15/16
- 2016 Groth Law Firm Video Contest Scholarship Application due: 4/30/16
- IAPMO Scholarship Application due: 5/1/16
- The CourseMinded Online Course Scholarship Application due: 6/15/16
- Gagne, Scherer & Associates, LLC Scholarship Application due: 7/17/16
Lutheran and Church Professional Scholarship Opportunities
- The Immanuel Evangelical LC of North Minneapolis Scholarship
- Lutheran Women's Missionary League
- Missouri District Lutheran Laymen’s League Application due: 7/1
- Missouri District LWML Church Workers Study Grant Application due: 7/1
- Our Father Lutheran Church, The Scholarship Fund
- Wyoming District LWML Application due: 3/31
Unfortunately, there are some scholarship scams online, so be cautious before providing personal information. Legitimate scholarship searches are generally free.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) cautions students to look for these telltale statements:
“The scholarship is guaranteed or your money back,”
“You can’t get this information anywhere else,”
“I just need your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship,”
“The scholarship will cost some money.”
The College Scholarship Fraud Prevention Act provides protection against fraud in student financial assistance. If you have a question about a particular opportunity, feel free to contact the Office of Financial Aid.