Admission & Financial Aid
Associate Director of Freshman Admission
Hometown: Lakeland, Florida
Education: BA, Concordia University Chicago, Communication and Theatre major, Music minor
- All suburban Cook County high schools, except Morton East and West; East and West Leyden; Lyons Township; Fenwick; Oak Park and River Forest
- The states of Indiana and Ohio
Off-campus IACAC professional involvement: Mentorship Tri-Chair, First Timers Committee member; Summer Institute Committee member; Newcomer of the Year Award 2014
- Top 3 reasons Concordia University Chicago was my perfect college fit:
- Concordia is my home away from home. People at CUC instantly became my family away from my family and were always interested in getting to know me as an individual.
- I loved being involved in activities that weren't directly related to my major. Since CUC is a smaller school, you can be involved in whatever you're interested in. I had my own radio show, participated in Kapelle and other choirs as well, did theater, and participated in Spiritual Life activities such as Prayer and Praise. The list of activities could go on and on.
- Having access to Chicago but not being directly downtown is awesome. CUC is located in River Forest, which has a nice hometown feel. However, with downtown Chicago only 10 miles east of our campus, it's easy to take advantage of all that the city has to offer.
- Ice cream or froyo? BOTH. It's not fair to have to choose between the two. If I'm going for ice cream, I love Stephen Colbert's Ben and Jerry’s flavor, "Americone Dream.” They just opened a Red Mango on Lake Street though, and I can't get enough of the Slam Dunk and White Chocolate froyo flavors.
- Favorite on-campus club: College Life! I help lead with a couple other admission counselors and love it! The students who attend are so energetic and hilarious. Every week there are new characters, new games, new snacks and a talk about how awesome it is to be in relationship with one another and with God. It's not only the most fun club on campus, but it serves one of the most meaningful purposes—to grow in our relationship with Christ. Also, the evening usually ends in a trip to a CUC favorite, Sub T's!
- Most recent concert you've attended: Run River North—If you've never heard of them, I HIGHLY encourage you to check them out on Spotify. They're a really cool indie/alternative band. I saw them in concert when they passed through Chicago and they put on an awesome show!!!
- What's in your iTunes music library? A little bit of everything. Some favorites include Ben Folds, All Sons and Daughters, The Avett Brothers, Ben Howard, Beyonce, Dave Matthews Band, Eric Whitacre, all types of choral music, The Last 5 Years, Book of Mormon, Next to Normal, all types of musicals, The Head and the Heart, John Mayer, Mumford and Sons, Pentatonix and Run River North. I cannot go a day without listening to music.
- Favorite thing to do in downtown Chicago: Ooh, this is a tough one. I love that Chicago has so many cultural opportunities. A favorite summer activity is attending the free concerts in Millennium Park. I also take advantage of seeing shows downtown. Whether that means going to a Broadway in Chicago show, a small storefront theater, seeing a concert, or even seeing an improv show at Improv Olympics, I always love taking advantage of entertainment opportunities. I also love checking out the unique restaurants that Chicago has to offer!
- Best piece of advice for the college search: VISIT CAMPUS! Visiting campus is hands down the best way for you to know which school is going to be the best fit for you. There are thousands of colleges you could attend, but it's all about finding the school with all of the characteristics that will make you feel like you've found your home away from home. It's in this comfortable environment that you are sure to succeed!