Admission & Financial Aid
Director of Freshman Admission
Hometown: Maywood, Illinois
Walther Lutheran HS, Melrose Park, IL
BS, Bradley University, Psychology major, Sociology minor
MA, Concordia University Chicago, School Counseling
Florida, Texas and 12 local high schools:
Proviso Township (East, West, PMSA), Maine Township (East, West, South), Walther Christian Academy, Guerin Prep, Elmwood Park HS, Riverside-Brookfield HS, Ridgewood HS, Trinity HS
- The thing that differentiates CUC from other universities? The people. The faculty and staff really take the time with students to insure that they have the best college experience possible. Also, CUC students really get involved. Whether they play a sport, act in theater productions, participate in academic clubs, spiritual life, the Kung Fu Club, or the Gamers Alliance; CUC students are all doing something.
Top Five concerts: Morrissey at the Vic, Wu-Tang at the Metro, Queens of the Stone Age at the Riviera, George Jones at Hemmens Cultural Center in Elgin, and James Brown at the Hammond Civic Center
Favorite thing to do in Chicago? Go to Bears games or take my three beautiful daughters to Brookfield Zoo
Favorite TV shows: NYPD Blue starring my fellow Maywood native Dennis Franz as Detective Andy Sipowicz, and Veep starring my fellow Walther Lutheran HS alum Anna Chlumsky
- Best advice for a successful college search:
- Start early.
- Stay organized.
- Visit college campuses to see if you can envision yourself attending there.
- Try the food everywhere you visit.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions about things that are important to you.
- Ask current students (wherever you visit): "What is your favorite thing about attending _______? What is your least favorite thing? What are a couple things you wish you would have known/done differently if you could redo your college search?"