Admission & Financial Aid
Spring Enrollment Checklist
Admitted students, make sure to complete the items below for Spring 2020 enrollment. Classes begin Monday, January 13, 2020!
NOTE: As an admitted student, you will access the Concordia Connect web portal to complete many of the items on your enrollment checklist.
- In order to log in to Concordia Connect, you'll need your personal username and password, which are mailed to you with your acceptance packet.
- If you forget your username/password or have any problems accessing the portal, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at 708-209-3100.
• Financial Aid and the FAFSA
Complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible.
- Beginning October 1 of each year, your family may file the FAFSA for the upcoming academic year.
- Illinois students should file the FAFSA before December 1 to be considered for the MAP grant.
- Learn more about financial aid at CUC.
Review your financial aid eligibility and award letter from Concordia–Chicago.
- Contact your admission counselor if you have any questions about your financial aid package.
- Sign and return your financial aid award letter as soon as possible.
• Enrollment Deposit
As soon as you know that CUC is your college choice, reserve your spot in the Spring 2020 entering class!
- Submit your $100 enrollment deposit online via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Spring Enrollment Deposit" portlet on the Admit - Welcome page.
• Housing Deposit
New residential students, submit your housing deposit after you have submitted your enrollment deposit.
- Submit your $200 enrollment deposit online via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Make Your Housing Deposit" portlet on the Admit - Welcome page.
• Housing Application
New residential students, apply for housing beginning in mid-September 2019.
- NOTE: You will first need to submit your housing deposit in order to apply for housing.
- Explore your housing options at CUC.
- Submit your housing application online via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Housing Application Information" portlet on the Admit - Welcome page.
• Jump Start Orientation
Attend the Winter Jump Start orientation session before classes start in January — it's required for ALL new students!
- Jump Start is our orientation program designed to guide your transition to CUC. Your parents are encouraged to attend Jump Start with you.
- Details about the Winter Jump Start orientation session will be available beginning in September 2019. Learn more about Winter Jump Start orientation.
Register for Winter Jump Start beginning in mid-September 2019.
- NOTE: You will first need to submit your enrollment deposit in order to register for Jump Start.
- Register online for the Winter Jump Start session via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Register for Winter Jumpstart" portlet on the Admit - Jump Start page.
NOTE: New students enrolling for Spring 2020 must complete University Check-In prior to attending the Winter Jump Start orientation session.
• ALEKS Math Placement Exam
Prepare for the ALEKS math placement exam at home — before attending Jump Start orientation.
- All new freshmen and transfer students who still need a mathematics course to complete their academic program must take a proctored math placement exam.
- The proctored ALEKS math placement exam is administered when you are on campus for Jump Start orientation.
- Learn more about the ALEKS math placement exam.
- Take a practice exam and access the learning modules via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "ALEKS Math Placement" portlet on the Admit - Jump Start page.
• Final Transcripts
Send your final transcripts to CUC's Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- If needed, submit your final high school transcript after your high school graduation.
- Submit your final college transcripts if you have completed any college coursework.
• University Check-In for Spring semester
Complete Spring 2020 check-in — it's required for ALL new students (both residential students and commuters)!
- Spring check-in for new students is usually the Friday before classes start in January.
- Details about Spring 2020 University Check-In will be available in late fall 2019 via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Spring Check-In Information" portlet on the Admit - Welcome page.