Admission & Financial Aid
Fall Enrollment Checklist
Admitted students, make sure to complete the items below for Fall 2019 enrollment. Classes begin Monday, August 26!
NOTE: As an admitted student, you will access the Concordia Connect web portal to complete many of the items on your enrollment checklist.
- In order to log in to Concordia Connect, you'll need your personal username and password, which were mailed to you with your acceptance packet.
- If you forget your username/password or have any problems accessing the portal, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at 708-209-3100.
• Financial Aid and the FAFSA
Complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible.
- Beginning October 1 of each year, your family may file the FAFSA for the upcoming academic year.
- Illinois students should file the FAFSA before December 1 to be considered for the MAP grant.
- Learn more about financial aid at CUC.
Review your financial aid eligibility and award letter from Concordia–Chicago.
- Admitted students who file the FAFSA and complete their financial aid file by CUC's preferred deadline of December 1 receive an early financial aid package.
- Contact your admission counselor if you have any questions about your financial aid package.
- Sign and return your financial aid award letter as soon as possible.
• Music Scholarships
Audition for a music scholarship. You DO NOT need to major or minor in music to be eligible for a scholarship!
- In November and February of each year, Concordia University Chicago invites admitted students to audition for performance-based music scholarships.
- Learn more about music scholarships and audition dates for Fall 2019 enrollment.
- Register online for a music scholarship audition via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Music Scholarship Information" portlet on the Admit - Welcome page.
If you receive a music scholarship offer as part of your financial aid package from CUC, you must:
- Notify the Office of Undergraduate Admission that you accept the scholarship by submitting your $100 enrollment deposit on or before May 1, 2019.
- Accept the music scholarship terms and conditions via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Accept Your Music Scholarship" portlet on the Admit - Welcome page.
• Admitted Student Day
Attend CUC's Admitted Student Day with your family!
- The Admitted Student Day program is designed just for admitted students so you can get all of your questions answered and to help you make your final college choice decision.
- Admitted Student Day is Saturday, April 6, 2019!
- Learn more about Admitted Student Day and register online (registration opens November 12, 2018).
- Picture your world at CUC — explore our photo gallery!
• Enrollment Deposit
As soon as you know that CUC is your college choice, reserve your spot in the Fall 2019 entering class!
- May 1, 2019 is National Candidate Reply Date.
- Submit your $100 enrollment deposit online via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Fall Enrollment Deposit" portlet on the Admit - Welcome page.
• Housing Deposit
New residential students, submit your housing deposit after you have submitted your enrollment deposit.
- Submit your $200 enrollment deposit online via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Make Your Housing Deposit" portlet on the Admit - Welcome page.
• Housing Application
New residential students, apply for housing beginning on January 2, 2019.
- NOTE: You will first need to submit your housing deposit in order to apply for housing.
- Explore your housing options at CUC.
- Submit your housing application online via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Housing Application Information" portlet on the Admit - Welcome page.
• Summer Math Transition Workshop
Eligible admitted students, attend the Summer Math Transition Workshop.
- Admitted students at risk of needing math remediation based on submitted ACT/SAT test scores are invited to participate in our 4-week Summer Math Transition Workshop.
- The Math Workshop is designed to support your success in the first semester of college, is offered to you at NO COST, and there are no grades, so there is no risk to your grade point average.
- The Math Workshop is typically held in June/July and takes place on CUC's campus in River Forest, Illinois.
Admitted students receiving a Math Workshop invitation from the math department chair, Dr. Mary Goetting, register for the workshop beginning in mid-May 2019.
- NOTE: The Summer Math Transition Workshop is only open to admitted students who receive an invitation to participate.
- Details regarding Math Workshop dates for students enrolling for Fall 2019 will be announced in May 2019.
- Register online for the Summer Math Transition Workshop via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "Summer Math Transition Workshop" portlet on the Admit - Welcome page.
• Jump Start Orientation
Attend a Jump Start orientation session before classes start in August — it's required for ALL new students!
- Jump Start is our summer orientation program designed to guide your transition to CUC. Your parents are encouraged to attend Jump Start with you.
- Jump Start orientation sessions are offered in June, July and August for new freshmen, and in July and August for transfer students. Learn more about Jump Start orientation.
Register for Jump Start beginning on February 1, 2019.
- NOTE: You will first need to submit your enrollment deposit in order to register for Jump Start.
- Register online for a Jump Start session via the Concordia Connect portal.
- Freshmen: Look for the "Register for a Summer Jump Start Session" portlet on the Admit - Jump Start page.
- Transfer Students: Look for the "Register for a Summer Transfer Jump Start" portlet on the Admit - Jump Start page.
• ALEKS Math Placement Exam
Prepare for the ALEKS math placement exam at home — before attending Jump Start orientation.
- All new freshmen and transfer students who still need a mathematics course to complete their academic program must take a proctored math placement exam.
- The proctored ALEKS math placement exam is administered when you are on campus for Jump Start orientation.
- Learn more about the ALEKS math placement exam.
- Take a practice exam and access the learning modules via the Concordia Connect portal. Look for the "ALEKS Math Placement" portlet on the Admit - Jump Start page.
• Final Transcripts
Send your final transcripts to CUC's Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- If needed, submit your final high school transcript immediately after your high school graduation.
- Submit your final college transcripts if you have completed any college coursework.
• University Check-In for Fall Semester and Weeks of Welcome
Complete Fall 2019 check-in — it's required for ALL new students (both residential students and commuters)!
- Weeks of Welcome (WOW) is a continuing orientation program for all new Concordia–Chicago students and begins with Fall check-in.
- Fall check-in and certain other WOW sessions are mandatory for new students, so be sure to check the WOW schedule for details!
- University Check-In for most new students is usually the Thursday before classes start in August. New student-athletes participating in fall sports typically have earlier check-in dates in August.
- Check-in dates/times for Fall 2019 new student enrollment will be announced in late-spring 2019.