Clubs, Associations and Organizations
Alpha Kappa Delta
International Honors Society for Social Justice, Research and Service
Benefits of Becoming a Member
- Lifetime membership
- Every new initiate receives a certificate and membership card.
- Members are invited to an induction ceremony/dinner.
- Members receive a free one-year subscription to Sociological Inquiry, official journal of AKD.
- Members have access to the AKD newsletter.
- AKD sponsors student paper contests for members with cash prizes and travel money to participate in the American Sociological Association (ASA) annual meeting.
- Members are eligible to wear honor cords for graduation ceremonies, AKD pins, and other memorabilia.
- Membership indicates academic honors status on your resume.
- AKD members who become Civil Service employees meet one of the requirements for entrance at the GS-7 level (an increase in pay-grade, providing they enter at the GS-5 level).
- Concordia will pay the $40 membership fee!
Sociology, Criminology or Social Work majors who demonstrate a serious interest in social issues (all sociology majors/minors, criminal justice majors and social work majors fulfill this requirement)
- Be at least a junior
- Have an overall GPA of 3.3, including all sociology/criminal justice/social courses
- Have taken at least four courses in sociology, criminal justice and/or social work
Potential candidates should contact Dr. Carol Jabs as the AKD chapter representative by phone, ext. 3145 or email.
Download the application or see Social Work faculty for an application.
Social Work Club
CUC's Social Work Club gives students the opportunity to plan special events such as guest speakers, film screenings, field trips and service learning projects.