Early Acceptance Program:
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy and Dental Medicine
Take the first step today toward your post-college career in medicine. Qualified Concordia University Chicago undergraduate students can be granted provisional early acceptance into Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine’s (LECOM) School of Pharmacy, School of Dental Medicine or College of Osteopathic Medicine. LECOM has campuses in Erie, PA, Greensburg, PA and Bradenton, FL.
Apply in either your senior year of high school or up until the start of your junior year at CUC, and avoid much of the stress and costs of the graduate school application process.
The Early Acceptance Program Phases:
- Phase I - four years of undergraduate education at Concordia University Chicago (the last two years must be in-residence at CUC)
- Phase II - three to four years at LECOM (depending on the program chosen)
Earn a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) degree in four years of post-graduate study, which may be completed in Erie, PA, Greensburg, PA or Bradenton, FL. Learn about medical degree paths.
Complete your Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree in four years in Bradenton, FL, or in an accelerated three years in Erie, PA. Learn about pharmacy degree paths.
The Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) degree can be completed in four years, only at the Bradenton, FL campus. Learn about dental degree paths.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must have a provisional letter of acceptance from LECOM before starting third year at Concordia University Chicago
- Minimum SAT Composite score of 1240 or a minimum ACT Composite score of 26
- An unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- A CUC cumulative GPA of 3.4 and a science GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Complete last two consecutive years of enrollment at CUC immediately prior to LECOM matriculation
- Background check completed in January of last year of enrollment at CUC
- Currently Enrolled Concordia-Chicago Students: meet with your CUC advisor to discuss your options.
- High School Seniors: apply directly to LECOM, designating Concordia University Chicago as your undergraduate institution. If you meet the incoming requirements, you will be invited to interview at LECOM. If your interview is successful, LECOM will issue a conditional letter of acceptance, and will remain in contact with you during your undergraduate years. Maintain the required GPA while at CUC, and enter seamlessly into LECOM once you graduate.