IMEA Primer Workshop
Concordia University Chicago's Music Department is proud to host an IMEA Primer Workshop on Saturday, September 17, 2016.
- Help high school students for their All-State audition
- Offer sight-reading tips and techniques
- Help students overcome performance anxiety
- Cover IMEA music
- Review the IMEA choral pieces (choir)
- Review the IMEA etudes for instrumentalists (band)
High School students who are preparing for their IMEA auditions are recommended to attend.
- Band & Orchestra students (Grades 10-12)
- Choral students (grades 11-12)
Registration for this event is now closed.
|9:30 - 10 a.m.||Registration at CUC Music Central (Kretzmann Building band room)|
|10 - 10:30 a.m.||Welcome: Nuts ‘n Bolts of Expressive Performance|
|10:30 – 11:15 a.m.||Master Classes with Faculty and Applied Faculty|
|11:15 – Noon||Workshop Sessions (Sight Reading & Choral Diction)|
|Noon – 12:40 p.m.||Lunch (at cafeteria)|
|12:40 – 1:20 p.m.||Workshop Sessions (Audition tips/trick / Overcoming Stage Fright)|
|1:20 - 1:30 p.m.||Session Wrap Up|
Workshop Sessions (choose one from the following):
- Playing Beyond the Notes - Dr. Richard Fisher, Band (All State Band Director, 2013)
- Sight Reading Techniques & Head Games - Dr. Maurice Boyer, Orchestra
- Vocal/Choral Techniques - Dr. Charles Brown, Choral (District 1, Senior Chorus Director, 2013)
- Dealing with Stage Fright - Dr. Christian Hauser, Music Education
The workshop takes place in Kretzmann Hall on the campus of Concordia University Chicago in River Forest, IL. View a campus map -- Kretzmann Hall is located in the north central section of the map.
$20 per registrant.