Business Intelligence and Analytics
Offered Fall 2019!
In pursuing the innovative business intelligence and analytics major from Concordia University Chicago, you will learn to collect and use data to make intelligent business decisions.
Concordia-Chicago Business Intelligence and Analytics Degree Overview
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Business Intelligence and Analytics (BSBA/BIA) major is designed to prepare business students for the workforce in the growing field of business intelligence and analytics, Students will learn how to collect, organize, analyze, and interpret data (Big Data). Graduates will be prepared to demonstrate an understanding of the applications of business analytics in the global, real world of business to help their organization or team identify important business trends and make intelligent decisions.
Business students will learn to use analytics software for business intelligence purposes, including how to use the tools, while developing the critical thinking skills required to gain insights from a range of data sources, i.e., Internet and social media data.
This major also prepares students to provide their organizations with ideas for smarter strategic management, better financial performance, and improved operational efficiencies. Business communication skills feature prominently in this program, as they are a sought after leadership skill.
Faculty and staff are dedicated to providing students with a well-rounded learning experience by using the latest technology and engaging them with real-world business scenarios and hands-on learning exercises.
Business Intelligence and Analytics Course Information
The bachelor of science degree requires 54 semester hours of study. If you have questions, a counselor with our Office of Admission can help as you decide.
Students take required courses in:
- organizational behavior
- business law
Students working toward a bachelor of science degree will be able to select electives from courses such as personal finance, small business management, sports management, corporate finance, and advanced business law.
For details about required courses and course descriptions, please visit our online catalog.
BS Business Intelligence and Analytics Major Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to apply business analytics in the global, real-world business situations and make intelligent leadership decisions.
- Use technology, simulation, and optimization to analyze data and develop applicable, real-world solutions to support business analytics applications.
- Collect, organize, and analyze information from many sources and determine relevancy.
- Use past and current data to optimize the present for current success and use the past analyzes to prepare companies for the future.
- Make decisions or recommendations based on data that is not uncovered without analysis using business communication skills.
- Apply the primary statistical, quantitative, and business analytics tools and techniques to support intelligent business decision-making applications.
Business Intelligence and Analytics Major Opportunities
Concordia-Chicago’s internship program offers opportunities for students to receive academic credit while gaining practical work experience in business intelligence and analytics.
The campus’s proximity to Chicago and public transportation provides easy access to exciting internship and networking opportunities. Everything from large corporations to small start-up firms, nonprofit organizations to advertising agencies build their businesses in Chicago and the nearby suburbs.
Some of the companies recently hiring CUC students include:
- Aldi USA
- Apex Systems
- GDA Hockey
- Palace Sports and Entertainment
- Wellspring Lutheran Services