MBA Frequently Asked Questions




    Tuition & Financial Aid:

    International Applicants:



    How do I apply?

    You can apply online at

    Is there an application fee?


    What materials are required to complete my application

    • Online Application (first step)
    • Official Academic Transcripts (from each institution in which a degree has been conferred)
    • Two Letters of Recommendation
    • Professional Resume
    • Objective Statement (Part of Online Application or can be submitted separately)

    Do I have to take the GMAT?

    The GMAT is not required for admission.

    What is the minimum GPA required?

    Applicants must possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.85 or have earned a master’s degree with a 3.0 G.P.A. or higher.

    What if my GPA is below the requirement?

    Such applicants may receive provisional or probationary admission depending upon review of their file. 

    Do I need to submit all my materials at the same time?

    No, we recommend you first complete your online application. You may then submit all materials as you receive them.

    Where do I submit my materials?

    Official Transcripts must be mailed to:

    Office of Graduate Admissions & Student Services
    7400 Augusta St., Addison Hall 158
    River Forest, IL 60305

    Other materials can be mailed, faxed (708-209-3454) or emailed (

    After submitting all my application materials when will I receive a decision?

    Admissions will mail their final decision to you within two weeks of your file being complete.

    When can I start the program?

    You can start your MBA in the Spring (January), Summer (May) or Fall (August). The full-time, Comprehensive program begins only in the Fall term. All applications are accepted on a rolling basis.

    If I am accepted, what do I need to do to register for a class?

    We ask that you complete a Course Registration Form. This is the final step to complete your admissions file.

    Who can I contact with specific MBA Admissions questions?

    Email the College of Business at


    Return to top



    Do I need to have taken pre-requisite coursework?

    We ask that our candidates have 12 hours of prerequisite credit at the undergraduate or graduate level in a discipline appropriate to the MBA program (i.e. any business, finance, economics courses).  If an applicant does not have these credits, however, Admissions will review work experience. If work experience relates to the major emphasis of the selected program, Admissions will waive such pre-requisites.

    Can I transfer credits from another program?

    Coursework completed as an undergraduate does not count towards MBA credits. Graduate coursework from another institution will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by our Graduate Admissions staff. Such coursework must have been completed within a ten year time frame and reflect a grade of B or better. Transcripts and course descriptions are required for review.

    Is Concordia’s MBA Program accredited?

    All university undergraduate and graduate degree programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The College of Business is also a member of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and a candidate for the additional specialized accreditation by ACBSP.


      Return to top



      When do classes meet?

      • Full-Time On Campus:* Tue/Wed/Thurs 8:00am-10:45am; during one term students also meet Tues/Wed/Thurs 11:30AM-12:45PM
      • Part-Time On Campus:* Wednesday evenings 6:00pm-9:45pm. (Part-time students will have one Saturday class during the course of the program, which meets in the morning.)
      • Part-Time Online: Assignments and discussions are completed on your own time.
                 * Whereas the majority of classes are on campus, all concentrations courses are taken online.

      Where do classes meet?

      On-campus classes meet at Concordia’s River Forest campus, located at 7400 Augusta St., River Forest, IL 60305. The campus is 10 miles west of downtown Chicago.

      What is the format of the online MBA?

      Our online professors are very involved with their students. We cap our enrollment for online courses to a smaller number of students. Our professors add additional resources (videos, presentation, articles, etc.) to reinforce topics covered in the textbook. The professor participates in group discussions. He/she will add additional thoughts and information when needed and/or recap the important concepts of the discussions.  Our professors are willing and available to speak with students one-on-one to further discuss material or answer questions. Some of our professors also hold optional group conference calls or chat sessions.    

      Can I complete my MBA in one year?

      You can complete the Comprehensive MBA in one year. Our specialized MBA programs can be completed in two years. And, the Accounting MBA can be completed in just under 3 years.

      What is a cohort?

      Concordia believes that an important aspect of your graduate learning experience is peer interaction. To promote interactive relationships, Concordia utilizes the “Cohort Model.” Cohorts consist of classmates who proceed through the MBA program in the same sequence as a group, either on campus or online. As a member of a cohort, you will quickly discover the benefits of sharing ideas and experiences. Students complete their coursework with an enhanced feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment.


      Return to top


      Tuition & Financial Aid:

      What is the tuition for the Concordia MBA?

      MBA courses are $699 per credit hour. Most courses are three credits. There are 39 total credit hours required to complete the MBA program. (The Accounting concentration includes 54 credit hours.) Please Note: Fees are subject to change.

      Are there any other fees I should be aware of?

      There is a technology fee of $10 per credit hour and students pay for their own textbooks.

      When is payment due?

      Payment is due before the start of each course.

      Is financial aid available?

      Yes. A financial aid advisor will be happy to discuss your options and review the process. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid via 708-209-3113 or email:

      Are there scholarships available?

      Currently, there are no University scholarships available for MBA students. Students are sometimes able to obtain scholarships from an outside party.

      Are there graduate assistantships available?

      Graduate assistantships are available for the academic year. The assistantship begins in the Fall and ends in the Spring semester. Applications are available in April and can be obtained through the Graduate Admissions Office.

      Return to top


      International Applicants:

      What are requirements for international applicants?

      In addition to the above admission requirements, International applicants must provide:

      1. Proof of English Language Proficiency
      • International students who have earned an advanced degree from an accredited institution in the USA are exempt.
      • You may submit either a score of at least 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 72-73 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) OR successful completion of Level 112 at an ELS Language Center and a qualified recommendation from an ELS program director.
      1. Declaration of Finances
      2. Transcripts
      3. Transcript Evaluation 

      My transcript is from a University outside the U.S. What should I do?

      Any foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a Concordia approved international credentialing service. Concordia accepts evaluations from WES (World Education Services) or ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators).

      Is financial aid available to international students?

      No. Financial aid is only available to US citizens.

      Do you need proof of my financial eligibility and how so?

      Funds may come from any dependable sources including: scholarships, sponsors, or family savings accounts. All funds must be documented by banks, the sponsors or the school before the I-20 form can be issued.

      What kind of Visa do I need to be a student at Concordia University?

      You will need to obtain an F-1 Student Visa from the American Consulate in your country.

      Who can I contact with further questions about I-20, Visa status or housing?

      Student Services can assist you. Please email or call 708-209-3005.

      Who can I contact with International Admissions questions?

      Graduate Admissions at

      Return to top