Based in the liberal arts, Concordia University Chicago provides a Christian education in the Lutheran tradition. Whether enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs, Concordia University Chicago students are part of a learning community where:
- Professors are passionate about their teaching and student success
- Programs are offered in relevant fields to meet emerging needs of society
- Students are individually challenged
- Real-world experiences and meaningful internships are plentiful for undergraduates and graduate students
- Christian values are put into practice
- Students of various faiths are welcomed to a caring, Christian educational environment
Here are perspectives from some of our current students when asked “Why Concordia?”
Undergraduate students choose Concordia University Chicago because CUC meets their goals for:
Practical preparation for a satisfying career
Hands-on experiences that qualify them for the best graduate programs
Critical thinking and communication skills that last a lifetime
But it’s not just about the destination—they also choose CUC so they can be inspired during their collegiate career and beyond. Read what our students are saying about CUC...
CUC's location is great because it's close to the city—you just hop on the Green Line 'L' and you're there. Plus, downtown Oak Park is within walking distance of campus, and there are plenty of things to do, like going to the movies, restaurants and stores.
At CUC, we are inspired to go above and beyond. After graduation, I want to be a teacher and a mentor for younger first-generation students—I want to be a role model for them.
Being on this campus and interacting with the people here has really helped me to grow in my faith. The community at CUC has helped me reflect Christ as best as I can—I'm really trying my hardest to be the best person I can be.