Institutional accreditation is an indicator of quality. Accreditation is granted to institutions that have gone through comprehensive reviews and have demonstrated strict adherence to accreditation standards in degree programs, courses, faculty, administration, and student support services. The institution must provide high quality education in order to qualify for and receive accreditation.
Accreditation also ensures that courses taken and degrees earned through Concordia University Chicago are transferable to (will be accepted by) other institutions that are also accredited by an agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The accreditations, approvals and certifications of the University are based upon the University's status at the time of this update. Accreditations, approvals and certifications are subject to review and modification from time to time.
Concordia University Chicago is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to award baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees. All Concordia University Chicago degree programs are approved by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
Concordia University Chicago is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
Authorization and Academic Approval by State
Illinois State Agencies
Illinois Board of Higher Education
1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza,
Springfield, Illinois 62701-1377
Fax: (217) 782-8548
TTY: (888) 261-2881
100 N. First Street, Suite S-306 Springfield, Illinois 62777
Students may provide feedback or register complaints with these entities at the contact information above, or with the Illinois Office of Attorney General at 800-386-5438 http://illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/filecomplaint.html
Ohio State Agencies
25 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215
General Information: email@example.com
The College of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) to offer baccalaureate and graduate programs for the preparation of teachers and other professional school personnel. CAEP is a professional accreditor which reviews departments, schools and colleges that prepare teachers and other educators. In addition, the university's education programs are approved by the Illinois State Board of Education.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
The College of Business is a candidate for accreditation and a member of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Social Work Program
The Social Work Program is a candidate for accreditation and a member of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Specialized Professional Associations (SPA)
- Master’s - Curriculum & Instruction: ESL Endorsement (TESOL/CAEP)
- Master’s - Early Childhood (NAEYC)
- Early Childhood Education (NAEYC)
- Doctorate - Educational Leadership (ELCC)
- Master’s - Education Technology Leadership; ISBE Technology Specialist Endorsement (ISTE)
- Elementary Education (ACEI)
- English Language Arts (NCTE)
- Foreign Language Education: Spanish (ACTFL)
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Elementary Education (ACEI)
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Science Education (NSTA)
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Social Sciences (NCSS)
- Master of Arts in Teaching: English Language Arts (NCTE)
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Physical Education (NASPE)
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Mathematics (NCTM)
- Physical Education (Secondary Education) (NASPE)
- Master’s - Reading Education (ILA | IRA)
- Master’s - School Leadership (ELCC)
- Science Education (Bio. Chem. Designations) (NSTA)
- Secondary Education: Mathematics (NCTM)
- Secondary Education: Social Sciences (NCSS)
- Special Education (CEC)
- Special Education Endorsement, LBS 1 (CEC)
The University is a member of the following academic and collegiate associations to maintain the integrity of academic programs and operations.
- Associated College of the Chicago Area (ACCA)
- Associated Colleges of Illinois (ACI)
- Association of Lutheran College Faculties (ALCF)
- Concordia University System of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod
- Council of Graduate Schools (CGS)
- Council of Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Lutheran Education Conference of North America (LECNA)
- Network for Vocation in Undergraduate Education (NetVUE)