Beth Venzke, PhD
College of Arts and Sciences
Professor of Psychology
College of Arts & Sciences
Dr. Venzke teaches developmental psychology, statistics and research. The social and emotional development of children and adolescents, self-esteem issues and the effect of divorce are among her research interests. Dr. Venzke also studies self-esteem issues and the effect that divorce has on parents and children.
She supervises undergraduate students throughout their work on their research projects. She has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 1995.
- PhD, developmental psychology, Indiana University; Bloomington, Ind.
- BA, psychology, Indiana University; Bloomington, Ind.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- “Too Much of a Good Thing: A Review of the Amazing Infant,” PsyCritiques, 2007.
- “The Role of Arts & Science in Teacher Preparation” (with Brown, A., Evans, S., Duey. W.), Academic Service Learning Grant Report, 2005.
- “The Process of Socioemotional Development Uncovered,” PsyCritiques, 2005.
- “Is the Differentiating Curriculum Applicable to All Students?” PsyCritiques, 2004.
- “Is Attachment Really the Magic Pill for Personal and Societal Ills?” (with Hendee, A.), PsyCritiques, 2004.
- “Parental Perceptions of Custody Evaluations in Divorce Cases” (with Venzke, R.C.), American Psychological Science Annual Conference; Chicago, May 2008.
- “Parental Perceptions of Child Custody Evaluations in Divorce Situations” (with Venzke, R.C.), Midwestern Psychological Association Annual Conference; Chicago, May 2008.
- “Using Campus Scene Information to Address Campus Safety Issues” (withy Venzke, R. C., Jabs, C., Moore, S.), Illinois Higher Education Conference; Springfield, Ill., March 2008.
- “Connection with Students Via the Course Syllabus” (with Slattery, J.M.), American Psychological Association National Conference; San Francisco, Calif., 2007.
- “Children in Worship: Research Design and Children’s Perceptions/Understandings of Worship”(with Morgenthaler, S.K., Raabe, D.), Children’s Spirituality Conference; River Forest, Ill., 2003.
- “Children in Worship: Where Are We Today?” (with Morgenthaler, S.K., Rippstein, T.), Children’s Spirituality Conference, River Forest, Ill., 2003.