Jonathan Stahlke, DMA
Professor of Music
College of Arts & Sciences
Dr. Stahlke courses in music composition, music theory, orchestration, counterpoint, form and analysis, 20th century music history and techniques. As a mentor, he guides student composers preparing works for a recital. Dr. Stahlke also works with students on music analysis projects and advanced orchestration.
Among Dr. Stahlke’s research interests are song cycles for solo voice and piano, hymn concertatos and arranging the Song of Solomon for choir and orchestra. He has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 1996.
- DMA, music composition, University of Cincinnati; Cincinnati, Ohio.
- MA, music, Duke University; Durham, N.C.
- BM, composition, theory, and piano pedagogy, Baylor University; Waco, Texas.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- “Prayer of Good Courage,” a capella.
- “Pilgrims," Concert Band.
- Confession Stone,” mezzo-soprano and piano.