Christopher Lilly, PhD
Associate Professor of Curriculum
Principal Program Leader for Curriculum and Instruction
Department of Curriculum, Language, and Literacy
College of Graduate and Innovative Programs
Dr. Lilly specializes in disciplinary literacy in secondary education, literacy coaching, and organizational change. He has twenty years of teaching experience in secondary education, most recently serving as the chair of the English department for Leyden High School District 212 in Illinois. He is a current member of the Guerin College Prep High School Board of Directors in River Grove, Ill.
Dr. Lilly joined the faculty of Concordia's College of Graduate and Innovative Programs in the fall of 2012. He currently teaches content reading in middle and secondary schools; practicum in reading instruction; assessment, evaluation and data-driven decision-making; and building collaborative relationships.
- PhD, School Leadership. Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill.
- MEd, Human Development and Meaning. DePaul University, Chicago, Ill.
- BA, English/Education. DePaul University, Chicago, Ill.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- “The Evolution of Education and Learning: The Brain is Adapting, Are You?” Illinois College of Optometry, Chicago, IL, August 9, 2012
- “Implementing the Common Core Standards in English.” Illinois ASCD conference, O’Fallon, IL, April 2011.
- “Implementing the Common Core Standards in English.” Illinois ASCD conference, Bloomington, IL, November 2010.
- “Assessment and Evaluation of Student Learning.” Graduate course guest speaker at the University of Illinois Chicago, July 2010.
- “Strategies for Disciplinary Literacy.” Workshop at Leyden High School District 212, January 2004.
- “Increasing Parental Involvement in School.” Workshop at Leyden High School District 212, October 2002.
- “Integrating Critical Thinking Strategies into Course Assignments.” Workshop at Leyden High School District 212, October 2001.