Welcome to the Disability Support Services Center
The mission of the Disability Support Services Center (DSSC) is to provide accommodations and support for students with disabilities that will ensure their full engagement in campus life, both in the classroom and outside the classroom.
The DSSC can assess your needs as a student, make academic accommodations, and coordinate access services. Students with medical, physical, sensory, or learning disabilities who are participating in academic and continuing education programs at Concordia University Chicago can benefit from the DSSC.
To learn more about eligibility, applying for services, and what type of services are provided follow the links below;
The DSSC will provide services to student with disabilities that are currently enrolled at Concordia University Chicago and meet the federal definition of qualified individuals with a disability. An individual is considered a qualified individual with a disability if he or she meets any one of the three categories;
- Has physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major activities of such individual.
- Has record of such an impairment or
- Is regarded as having such an impairment
Students with disabilities that are thinking about attending Concordia University Chicago are encouraged to utilize the DSSC for information and resources.
Applying for Services
In order to obtain services from the DSSC, students with disabilities must complete the following requirements;
- Complete the DSSC Application: DSSC - Application
- Provide current (within past five years) and proper documentation of disability. Students not having proper or current documentation can utilize: Documentation of Disability
- Mail, email or Fax the application and proper documentation to:
Concordia University Chicago -
Attn: Dirvelys J. Allen
7400 Augusta Street
River Forest, IL 60305
Fax: (708) 209 – 3176
- Meet with Director or Coordinator of the DSSC to discuss reasonable accommodations
List of Services
The Disability Support Services Office provides students with the most reasonable accommodations needed. Some of these services may include, but are not limited to;
- Note Taking
- Extended Time on Tests
- Separate Testing
- Classroom relocation
Dirvelys J. Allen
Fax: (708) 209 – 3176