Oak Park and River Forest
Concordia University Chicago is located in the beautiful, tree-lined suburb of River Forest, a town that about 11,500 people call home. Just walk a few blocks to reach shops, restaurants, coffee shops and movie theaters.
Six blocks from campus is Oak Park, where you can:
- Grab a cup of coffee at Red Hen Bakery, Starbucks, or Prairie Bread Kitchen
- Shop the small unique boutiques
- Take a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Home and Studio and/or Ernest Hemingway's boyhood home
- Check out The Book Table or The Magic Tree Book Store for a good book
- Sample food from around the world - Greek, Italian, Thai, American, Mexican, French, Chinese, Indian, Middle Eastern
View our interactive Google map to see how close accommodations, restaurants, shopping and museums are to Concordia University Chicago!