Oak Park and River Forest
Both are quaint, upscale suburbs located 10 miles west of Chicago. You'll find plenty to do as you walk through the downtown areas of these friendly villages.
Six blocks from campus is Oak Park, where you can:
- Grab a cup of coffee at Red Hen Bakery, Starbucks, or Prairie Bread Kitchen
- Shop the small unique boutiques
- Take a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Home and Studio and/or Ernest Hemingway's boyhood home
- Check out The Book Table or The Magic Tree Book Store for a good book
- Sample food from around the world - Greek, Italian, Thai, American, Mexican, French, Chinese, Indian, Middle Eastern
View our interactive Google map to see how close accommodations, restaurants, shopping and museums are to Concordia University Chicago!