Eunice Eifert, PhD
College of Arts and Sciences
Dr. Eifert teaches all aspects of the theatre, including contemporary theatre, oral interpretation of literature, acting and directing. As the director of many different productions, the majority of her research involves learning about the productions she’s going to be working on. She also researches the study of the theatre and plays. Dr. Eifert has been a mentor to many students, helping them with directing projects, reading dramatic literature, stage management and drama therapy.
As a member of the Values and Virtues program, Dr. Eifert encourages students to strive for great achievements and teaches them about the joys of learning. She has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 1968.
- PhD, Theatre, University of Minnesota; Minneapolis, Minn.
- MA, Speech, Communication and Theatre Arts, University of Minnesota; Minneapolis, Minn.
- BA, English, Valparaiso University; Valparaiso, Ind.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Director, Ragtime
- Director, My Fair Lady
- Director, Communicating Doors
- Director, Noises Off
- Director, The Mysteries: Creation
- Director, Barefoot in the Park
- Director, The Mikado
- Director, The Glass Menagerie
- Lighting Design, Pippin
- Director, Spinning Into Butter
- Director, Mystery of Edwin Drood
- Adaptor and Director, Up the Down Staircase
- Director, Rescue in the Night (Children’s Theatre)
- Technical Director, Our Town
- Adaptor and Director, Skeleton in God’s Closet
- Director, Sweeney Todd
- Arranger and Director, Return with Us Now (Reader’s Theatre)