Pamela Zimmermann, EdD
Associate Professor of Education
ED TPA Coordinator
College of Education
Dr. Zimmermann teaches ED TPA seminars and Classroom Management and Assessment courses at Concordia University Chicago. Among her areas of research are curriculum design, teacher evaluation, common core and effective assessment practice. Dr. Zimmermann also advises the Phi Delta Kappa student chapter at Concordia-Chicago.
Previously, Dr. Zimmermann served as an associate superintendent at Glenbard High School District, an associate principal at Adlai E. Stevenson High School, as well as taught at Hinsdale Central High School. Among higher education institutions, she has served as an adjunct professor at Northern Illinois University and at Lewis University. She joined Concordia’s faculty in 2008 and serves on the Faculty Growth and Development Committee.
- EdD, Curriculum and Instruction, Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, Ill.
- CAS, Superintendency, Lewis University, Romeoville, Ill.
- MA, Guidance and Counseling, Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, Ill.
- MS, Administration, Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, Ill.
- BS, Secondary Teaching of Social Science, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Ill.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Significant Achiever Award, Glenbard District 87, 2009
- Those Who Excel, Illinois State Board of Education,1997