Dr. Claudia Santin, EdD, has, over the last 25 years, established a reputation as a pragmatic change agent and effective team builder.
Dr. Santin has served in the capacity of university president and provost/academic vice president at Northcentral University. Under her leadership, the NCU School of Business received ACBSP accreditation.
At Nova Southeastern University, Dr. Santin was associate dean of business at the Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship and then dean of leadership studies at the Fischler Graduate School. In these series of progressively demanding positions, she blended the components of a superb higher education experience, especially in the field of online delivery systems, with the demands of both the domestic and international marketplace, consistently achieving the delicate balance of quality and profit.
At the MBA level, Dr. Santin has taught developing human capital, organizational leadership and change, leadership theory, systems thinking, and change management.
At the doctoral level, Dr. Santin serves as dissertation chair and teaches higher education and organizational leadership, governance, institutional advancement, driving change, marketing higher education, and managing financial resources for program prioritization.
Dr. Santin pursues ongoing professional development, as well as maintains a consistent schedule of conference presentation and publication. She has received awards for excellence in teaching and has earned numerous certificates and post-master’s credits in online teaching. She serves as an associate editor for Management Education: An International Journal and Change Management: An International Journal.
Dr. Santin also serves as a peer reviewer for The Journal of Virtual Leadership, the Journal of eLearning and Teaching, and the Journal of Online Higher Education. She is also vice president and executive director of the eLearning Institute.
Dr. Santin has been a member of CUC’s faculty since 2008 and previously served as assistant dean of the College of Graduate and Innovative Programs.
- EdD, Higher Education Leadership. Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Fla.
- MBA, Marketing Management. Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Fla.
- Graduate Certificate, Distance Learning. Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Fla.
- Certificate, Corporate Strategy. University of Chicago; Chicago.
- MA, Counseling and Personal Services. College of New Jersey, Ewing, N.J.
- BA, Psychology. College of New Jersey, Ewing, N.J.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- "A Challenge for Higher Education: Preparing Competent Global Leaders" (with D. Blaess and K. Hollywood). 13th Annual Conference on Knowledge, Culture, and Change in Organizations, Vancouver, BC., June 2013.
- "Setting the Institutional Agenda: Building Capacity for Sustainability" (with D. Blaess and K. Hollywood). Chair's Academy 22nd Annual Conference, Phoenix, AZ., April 2013.
- “Challenges, Expectations, Experiences and Strategies for Working with the Adult Learner.” Concordia University Chicago’s Annual Faculty Professional Development Forum, August 2010.
- “A Comparison of Effective Leadership Theories: A Model for Distance Leadership.” 17th International Conference on Learning; July 2010.
- “Many Minds, Many Voices: Facilitating Critical Thinking in Online Education” (with D. Blaess, P. Bucchi and K. Hollywood). SLATE Build it Better Conference, University of Chicago, Oct. 15-16, 2009.
- "Panel Presentation on Promoting." SLATE Build it Better Conference, University of Chicago, Oct. 15-16, 2009.
- “Cracking the Dissertation Code: Clarifying the Action Research Process for Education Students” (with K. Hollywood). 20th International College of Teaching and Learning Conference, Jacksonville, Fla., April 13-17, 2009.
- “Adult Learning Theory.” CAFÉ, Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill., 2008.
- “Online Teaching and Learning.” CAFÉ, Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill. 2008.
- “The Effect of Cohort Models in Developing Electronic Learning Communities” (with K. Hollywood). Transatlantic Congress (TIESWEB), Miami, Fla., 2004.
- “Challenges in Developing e-Learning Communities in Graduate Education” (with K. Hollywood). Annual International Conference on College Teaching and Learning, Jacksonville, Fla., 2000.
- “A Case Study in Developing Outreach Business Programs: The Zhenhua Port Machinery Company of Shanghai, PRC” (with Gardiner). Multicultural Affairs in Higher Education National Conference, San Antonio, Texas, September 2000.
- “Value-Driven Customer Service Training in a Graduate Business School Setting" (with Gardiner, Barnes, and Preziosi). Applied Business Research Conference, Mexico, 2000.
- “Value-Driven Management as an Integrated Philosophy in an Innovative Non-Traditional MBA Curriculum” (with Gardiner, Jones and Pohlman). 4th Annual International Conference on Innovation in Instruction for Business and Related Disciplines, Orlando, Fla., 2000.
- “Development of an Online Learning Environment to Facilitate Admission into a Distance MBA Program” (with G. Stiber), Conference for Innovations in Higher Education, Helsinki, Finland, August 2000.
- “An Initial Applied Study of Value Driven Management in a Non-Traditional MBA Program” (with Gardiner, Preziosi, and Slaoui), National Business Research Conference, Denver, Colo., August 1999.
- “An Evaluation of Value-Driven Customer Satisfaction in a Non-Traditional MBA Program” (with Gardiner, Preziosi, and R. Slaoui), National Conference on the Adult Learner, Atlanta, Ga., May 1999.
- "Strategic Planning in Higher Education: Key Points to Success" (with McDaniel, H.) Journal of Online Higher Education (JOHE), February 2013.
- "The Implications of a Shared Vision in Educational Institutions" (with McDaniel, H.) Journal of Online Higher Education (JOHE), January 2013.
- "Socially responsible approaches to using technology in the 21st century." In C. Lentz (Ed.). The Refractive Thinker Vol. VII. (Chapter 11), Las Vegas, NV, 2012
- “Management and Applications of Information Systems” (with McDaniel, H.). Journal of Virtual Leadership, 3(1), 2012.
- “The New Global Leader: A Model for Distance Leadership in Higher Education" (with McDaniel, H.). Lakeland, FL, The eLearning Institute. 2011.
- "Knowledge Management: Organizational Effectiveness, Sustainability and Profitability" (with McDaniel, H., and Bucchi, P.). The Journal of Applied Information Technology, March 2011.
- "Meaningful Miles: Effective Leadership at a Distance" (with McDaniel, H.). Journal of Virtual Leadership, January 2011.
- "The Role of Disintermediation in E-Commerce" (with Bucchi, P. & McDaniel, H.). The Journal of Business Leadership Today, December 2010.
- “Leadership and the New Global Workforce” (with McDaniel, H.). Journal of Globalization and Higher Education, May 2010.
- “Leadership Challenges of Academic Governance vs. Shared Governance” (with McDaniel, H.). Journal of Online Higher Education, May 2010.
Awards and Honors
- Chi Sigma Iota
- Delta Mu Delta
- Sigma Beta Delta
- Woman on the Move in Education, 2001
- Excellence in Business Award, 2000 & 1998
- Kappa Delta Pi Distinguished Dissertation, 1994
- American Society of Training and Development, 1990
- Graduate Salutorian, 1987