Multicultural Student Engagement
We celebrate, recognize and encourage the cultural experiences and knowledge each student brings to Concordia.
What We Offer
- Assistance in the retention and persistence of students of color and first generation college students.
- Coordinate programs and events that support cultural awareness on campus.
- Advise culturally-based student organizations.
- Provide leadership development and peer mentoring opportunities.
The Office of Multicultural Student Engagement provides a variety of educational programs, leadership opportunities and social activities that promote intercultural learning.
STARS Peer Mentor Program
- The STARS program is for first year, freshman students who are the first in their families to attend college. During the fall semester, these students are matched with an upperclassman to support them in their transition to college life.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration
- The annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration is a campus-wide event that celebrates the life and legacy of Dr. King with a keynote speaker, service project and interactive programs.
- Photo Gallery of this year's event
- Intercultural Programs
- OMSE partners with various on and off campus partners to offer cultural events, social activities and education programs.
Black Student Union (BSU)
BSU is an undergraduate student club whose mission is to promote awareness and appreciation of African American culture. BSU is open to all CUC students.
Latino Student Union (LSU)
LSU is an undergraduate student club whose mission is to promote awareness and appreciation of Latino culture. LSU is open to all CUC students.
For More Information, contact:
Office of Multicultural Student Engagement
7400 Augusta St.
River Forest, IL 60304
Stay connected and "Like" our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ConcordiaOMSE!